Compost is a natural way to improve your lawn, trees, and shrubs. Compost is full of nutrients and soil biology. We offer compost in several forms that are very effective and economical to apply.
Liquid Compost Tea
- Compost contains macro and micro nutrients often absent in synthetic fertilizers.
- Compost releases nutrients slowly over months or years.
- Compost enriched soil retains fertilizers better. Less fertilizer runs off or leaches.
- Compost helps sandy soil retain water and nutrients.
- Compost loosens tightly bound particles in clay or silt soil so roots can spread.
- Compost enriched soils have lots of beneficial insects, worms and other organisms that burrow through soil keeping it well aerated.
- Compost may suppress diseases and harmful pests that could overrun poor, lifeless soil.
- Compost encourages healthy root systems, which decrease runoff.
- Compost can reduce the overall amounts of fertilizer needed.
- Compost can reduce chemical pesticides since it contains beneficial microorganisms that may protect plants from diseases and pests.
- Only a 5% increase in organic material quadruples soils water holding capacity.